no rc files with bird on ubuntu ?

Kai kai_pf at gmx.de
Sun May 3 01:34:05 CEST 2015

Hello everybody!

We are running bird and bird6 on an ubuntu server. I just noticed
that /etc/init.d/bird and .../bird6 are not linked to any of
the /etc/rc?.d directories on our three systems. Furthermore update-rc.d
wouldn't create the links but just fail silently (that is with a
succinct "System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/bird do not exist.").
I'm stuck right now.

Does anyone else observe the same behaviour?
Am I mistaken in thinking there should be rd.c-files?

Best regards, Kai

--
"Das ist Demokratie, wenn man sich aussuchen darf, wer einen verarscht."
                                                               (Hagen Rether)