Bird 1.5.0: protocol 'direct' looses routes

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Jun 17 12:09:34 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:11:22PM +0300, Andrew wrote:
> Also, with 1.5.0 I have long OSPF initialization (near 2 minutes - 1.4.5 and
> quagga starts much faster). I have OSPF debug log; should I attach it to
> mail (does mailing list supports attaches), or should I send it to your
> personal mail?

The mailing list accepts attachments, you could send logs there. Also it
would be useful to attach your OSPF configuration. Or you could send it
directly to my personal mail, if you want.

In 1.5.0 there are changes in OSPF initialization, it is much faster in
my test setup but it is possible that there might be some issues in some
border cases. Unfortunately, OSPF initialization is just loosely
specified by RFC 2328 and there are plenty of unspecified details.

I wonder if others have some negative or positive experience with OSPF
initialization (neighbor establishment) in 1.5.0 compared to previous
versions.