BGP multipath support

Gruber Gerold gruber at citkomm.de
Mon Jun 8 12:36:07 CEST 2015

Am 08.06.2015 um 12:11 schrieb Ondrej Zajicek:
> On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 11:23:03PM -0700, João Taveira Araújo wrote:
>> I finally got round to running your latest dev version. One problem
>> that sticks out is that every RIB change results in a FIB change.
>
> Not every change, only changes that may affect the resulting merged
> routes. It is true that we do not have reliable way to eliminate 'empty'
> FIB updates and therefore we err on the side of propagating unnecessary
> 'changes'. But that is not something new, BIRD has always such behavior.

please allow me to add the pointer to the also wished "noise
suppression" in OSPF, where a delay between appearance or disappearance
of a route and it's propagation to the neighbours would also improve the
stability of the landscape and lower the "noise" caused by flapping
routes. (Cisco boxes behave this way, from our observations.)

Regards

Gerold