BGP multipath support

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Mon Jun 8 02:43:09 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 12:13:31PM +0200, Alexander Frolkin wrote:
> Hi Ondrej,
>
> > > I was wondering how hard it would be to add BGP multipath support to
> > > BIRD, or if anyone was working on it already?
> > BGP multipath is one thing we are currently working on.
>
> That's great news!  Do you know when it's likely to be available?

Hi

There is devel version of BGP multipath in our Git. Currently it allows
to merge routes that have the same preference, bgp_local_pref, bgp_path
length, bgp_origin, bgp_med (if relevant), ibgp/ebgp and igp_metric.

As BGP multipath is non-standard, i wonder what kind of BGP multipath
behavior is expected by users and which options are necessary. I will
probably add some option to relax check for equal bgp_path length.