Aw: define command is not working ?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Jul 17 23:05:15 CEST 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 01:29:35PM +0200, Peter Hudec wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > If I remember correctly, I tried this as well. And again, if my memory serves me well, you cannot use a defined constant with the "router id"-directive. (Don't know the reason.)
> thanks, I put the just value.

Hi

Well, it is actually a bug, should work even there. There is one more
problematic issue related to defines - it shares namespace with keywords
and other symbols in config grammars, trying to define name colliding
with e.g. a protocol option would cause a syntax error message for that
define.

> Any way I have antother snippet ;(
>
> ---
> define anycast_bgp_as = 57801;
> define anycast_a_bgp_community = 11;
> define anycast_a_bgp_med = 100;

> filter bgp_out_anycast {
>
>         if (match_anycast_a()) then {
> bgp_community.add((anycast_bgp_as,anycast_a_bgp_community));
>                 if (anycast_a_bgp_med > 0) {
>                         bgp_med = anycast_a_bgp_med;
>                 }
>                 accept;
>         }
> ---
>
> The problem is in IF statement.

Because of missing 'then' in the inner if-statement. BTW, you don't need
outer parentheses in if-statements (e.g. "if a > 0 then  { }" is correct).