converting our anycast node from quagga

Peter Hudec phudec at cnc.sk
Fri Jul 3 16:26:26 CEST 2015

Hi,

I just started to play with bird.

My anycast node setup is as follows.

- each anycast server is serving form 1 up to 3 anycast prefixes
- the anycast adresses are assigned to the dummyX interfaces as
/32(IPv4) or /128(IPv6)
- the BGP/quagga/ is advertising the /24 or /48 (added aggregate-address
......../24 (/48) summary-only
- if I put the dummyX interface down, the BGP will stop announce the
route associated to this interface, both IPv4 and IPv6
- if I put the dummyX interface up, the BGP will start announce the route

The setup is a little more complex (metric, communities, preferencies,
..), but this is the main idea how it works. In another words I could
stop/start announce the anycast prefix without reconfiguring the bgp daemon.

Please, could someone point me how to do this in bird.
There is direct protocol, but I see /32 routes, not /24

	best regards
		Peter

--
*Peter Hudec*