deterministic order for include by wildcard

Warren Turkal wt at penguintechs.org
Mon Dec 28 19:32:37 CET 2015

Hey folks,

Do wildcards in includes resolve in a deterministic order? I'd like to just
put something like the following in my bird.conf:

include "/etc/bird.d/*.conf"

If I do that, can I rely on 10-common.conf to be included before
20-bgp_to_other_place.conf so that I can define templates in a common place
and use those templated in the later included files?

If there is a deterministic order, it might make sense to identify that
order in the docs. I only found [1], which does not say anything about the
order of the files included.

Also, if the ordering does exist, does anything affect the ordering?

As a side note, it would also be nice to add an anchor to each option in
the different sections where there are options so that one could link
directly to the option within the section. If that had existed, I could
have linked to the "include" option directly.

Is there a bug tracker somewhere for bird for this type of request?

Thanks,
wt

[1]http://bird.network.cz/?get_doc&f=bird-3.html#ss3.2 at the "include"
option