Syntax for setting bgp_origin

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Dec 22 11:20:04 CET 2015

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 10:31:44AM +0100, Olivier Benghozi wrote:
> Maybe it's not the doc but the code that is problematic.
> We need an Ondrej outlook on this.
>
> > Le 22 déc. 2015 à 08:31, Гаврилов Игорь <iggorok at yandex.ua> a écrit :
> >
> > Thank you, it work, but why in if statement it works:
> > filter TEST {
> >        if bgp_origin = ORIGIN_IGP then {
> >                bgp_origin = 2;
> >                accept;
> >        }
> >        reject;
> > }

Hi

Well, the ORIGIN_* constants are supposed to work, but there is a bug and
the attribute is handled as integer.  Using 0, 1, 2 instead should work
in both setting and testing.

For me, testing 'show route where bgp_origin = ORIGIN_IGP' does not work
(causes error message in the log), but 'show route where bgp_origin = 0'
works. I expect that in the filter (as above) it is the same.