OSPF, missing external network prefix

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Tue Dec 8 14:10:20 CET 2015

Hi.

On 08.12.2015 17:46, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 04:49:47PM +0500, Eugene M. Zheganin wrote:
>> Sure. Since it's 80 kilobytes long (it's an enterprise VPN, big enough),
>> I thought it would be more comfortable to provide a link on a text file,
>> here it is:
>>
>> http://tech.hq.norma.perm.ru/files/ospf-state.txt
>>
>> At the time it was taken the situation didn't resolve, I checked.
> Seems like the net it is missing also here. Could you get also output of
> 'show ospf state all'?
>

>> You may also notice that bird there is 1.4.4. I also have 1.5.0 bird
>> with same situation on a different server, and I can provide 'show ospf
>> state' from it, you you need one.
> That might be useful.

So, here are the files from both 1.4.4 and 1.5.0 versions:

(taken from same router the previous output was from)
http://tech.hq.norma.perm.ru/files/ospf-state-all-1.4.4.txt
(taken from another router)
http://tech.hq.norma.perm.ru/files/ospf-state-1.5.0.txt
http://tech.hq.norma.perm.ru/files/ospf-state-all-1.5.0.txt

I've also noticed that this prefix is missing from 'show ospf state'
output files, but present in 'show ospf state all' output files, but
along with a IP address of 172.16.5.159. This is an IP address of a
router this prefix is originating from (it's an address of it's tunnel
most close to the area 0), and it's not directly reachable from the
routers which FIB is missing it, so I suppose this may be the reason. I
have also noticed that other nssa areas have similar problem (they are
present in 'show ospf state all' output with IP address of their
originating router, and missing in FIB), on both 1.4.4 and 1.5.0 bird
versions.

Thanks.
Eugene.