segfault with BFD

Bartosz Radwan b.radwan at citypartner.pl
Tue Dec 1 11:53:55 CET 2015

On 18.07.2015 15:14, Michal Humpula wrote:
> Thanks for the hint! The crashing after inability to allocate socket,
> got me thinking that it only occurs only in one connection and only on
> one instance. So yeah, I've got something silly like this in my setup:
>
> protocol bgp test {
>   neighbor 10.0.1.2 as 1;
>   source address 10.1.1.1;
>   bfd 1;
> }
>
> where source address wasn't on any interface (typo error).

I have similiar config on my Linux router, but in my case source address
exists until i shut the interface down.
When the interface is shut down (ifdown interfacename), bird crashes.

May be dangerous, i could imaginge situations when i want to shut
interface down or it just happens accidently.

Workaround that works in my lab: sysctl -w net.ipv4.ip_nonlocal_bind=1

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?