Aw: Re: bgp router with multi asn's - neighbor config ?

Kai kai_pf at gmx.de
Mon Sep 8 15:42:39 CEST 2014

Hello,

Many thanks already for your input!
While working further on the topic, I stubled about one more uncertainty - maybe some kind soul can provide me with one or two additional answers? :)

> Von: "Leo Vandewoestijne" <bird at unicycle.net>
> On Thu, 04 Sep 2014, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> > On 2.9.2014 23:36, Kai wrote:
> > > desired setup:
> > >
> > > We want to establish a router ('A') announcing two different ASNs
> > > (as1,as2) to it's neighbours. In fact we want to setup three routers A,
> > > B and C, all of them corporately announcing as1 and as2.
> >
> > You cannot have two BGP relations to a single peer. I see two options:
> >
> You will certainly have to do this on different IP's.
> And actually I only do it with different IP's in different netmasks.
>
> I think this config is exactly what's requested.
[...]
> protocol bgp COMPANY1 {
> 	table as1;
> 	router id 10.0.1.102;
> 	local     10.0.1.102 as 1;
> 	neighbor  10.0.1.101 as 69;
> 	direct;
> 	export where proto = "stat_net1";
> 	}
>
> protocol bgp COMPANY2 {
[...]

In this example, that would supposedly perfectly suit my problem, the "router id" config param is used _inside_ a "protocol bgp" block. The version of the "BIRD User's Guide" I have (it doesn't tell it's version, quite new, pdf 49 pages) documents the use of "router id" only _outside_ of "protocol" blocks.

So, (1) should it work to use "router id" inside a "protocol" block (and different router ids inside different blocks), and (2) is this use of the "router id" directive officially supported?

(Regarding 1: it apparently does!?)

Best regards, Kai