Does radv protocol (re)scan interfaces on IPv6?

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Sep 2 13:52:39 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 12:57:57PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
> I am trying to isolate an issue with the radv protocol running on IPv6
>
> I have possibly the world's simplest radv configuration:
>
> protocol radv evrradv {
>         interface "-evrr-000000", "evrr-*" {
>                 max ra interval 4;
>         };
> }
>
> The idea here is that the router provides radv information on all interfaces with names starting evrr- except evrr-000000.
>
> What I am seeing is that if I add another interface, radv does not appear to work.

This should work. Could you check whether 'evrradv: Adding interface XXX'
log message is logged if you enable debug messages for evrradv?

Also what you mean by 'add another interface'? The interface is created,
or just bringed up?

If the interface is also created, could you try to wait several seconds
between the interface creation and activation?

Are there any error messages in log?

> A reload produces:

Reload is only for route export/import, not relevant to radv.