show route all filter ...

Alexander Demenshin aldem-bird.2014 at nk7.net
Thu Aug 28 12:47:24 CEST 2014

On 2014-08-28 11:12, Mikhail A. Grishin wrote:

> We use special command (see below) to view information regarding
> prefixes containing particular BGP communities.

You should add "reject" clause:

   show route all filter {if (0,48642) ~ bgp_community then accept; else
reject; } table master

to avoid this warning.

Once I did this mistake and got more than 2 millions (!) of log file
entries, and bird was blocked for ca. 20 seconds...

It would be nice to rate limit repeating messages to avoid such
problems, or to implement default filter action.

With best regards,
Alexander.