question : broadcast kernel table via OSPF

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Apr 17 13:12:20 CEST 2014

On Thu, Apr 17, 2014 at 05:23:12PM +0800, bino at indoakses-online.com wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I'm trying to learn BIRD4 to do ospf over batman-adv
> got to router :
> 1. router A
> 1.a. OSPF is at interface 'bat0'
> 1.b. Have 172.16.1.1/24 address at another interface, and have 'external
> route'
> 1.c. bird4.conf is at : http://pastebin.com/kin9MEnw
> 1.d. have birdc4 installed
>
> 2. router B
> 1.a. OSPF is at interface 'bat0'
> 1.b. bird4.conf is at : http://pastebin.com/XGTuHqfr
> 1.c. Not enough space to have birdc4 onboard

You could have birdcl4 (light client) here. But perhaps i would have to
update OpenWrt packaging scripts to include it.

> Looks like :
> B.1. External route defined at Router-A is broadcasted ... nice
> B.2. Kernel route table of Router-A is NOT broadcasted.
>
> My question is : Why Kernel route table of Router-A is NOT broadcasted ?

Because you have this in your export filter:

  if source = RTS_STATIC then accept; else reject;

Which rejects other than static routes. Just replace it with 'accept;'

You should see other routes in 'show ospf state' as external.