BIRD and RPKI

Michael Baer baerm at tislabs.com
Fri Sep 6 07:01:48 CEST 2013

Hi,

I've been working on a BGPSEC implementation using BIRD.  A requirement
of the BGPSEC protocol is the availability of origin authentication
using the RPKI.  I understand that BIRD has implemented roa_tables that
will allow a user to filter routes based on asn/prefix information
pulled from the RPKI.  It looks like it would be pretty straight forward
to have a separate tool that uses one of the available RPKI pulling
packages and then populates the roa_tables using BIRD's CLI or
configuration interface.

But for the sake of not duplicating effort and to make sure that I'm not
missing anything, is this the expected method for someone supporting
origin authentication in BIRD? or are there (currently) future plans for
support that is more integral to BIRD?

Thanks,
Mike

--