BIRD support programme

Laurent GUERBY laurent at guerby.net
Wed May 15 16:12:42 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 15:47 +0200, Ondrej Filip wrote:
> Dear BIRD users,
> please excuse me for one non-technical e-mail. But in order to
> increase the speed and the quality of BIRD development we have
> launched a support programme. The funds raised from this programme
> will serve on one hand to support BIRD users that need quicker
> response times, consultancy etc. and also on the other hand to finance
> BIRD development, travel costs of BIRD developers, equipment etc.
>
> So if you need BIRD support or you just want to help BIRD development,
> please consider joining this programme.
>
> http://bird.network.cz/?support
>
> Kind regards
> 		Ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

We are a small not-for-profit running our AS with BIRD, our members have
contributed a patch to BIRD (1) and a looking glass bird-lg (2).

I think we may be able to contribute between 100 and 500
EUR per year to support BIRD development. We have to vote on that of
course but we decided last year to contribute 120 EUR to the NLNOG Ring
project (for hardware purchase) so I'm confident our members would
approve a similar action for BIRD.

It might take the form of a new "friend" status in the support matrix
with response/resolution time in N monthes, or a donation program,
as long as we have an invoice to justify the spending that's fine with
our local accounting laws.

Let us know what you think of this proposal,

Sincerely,

Laurent GUERBY
AS197422 http://tetaneutral.net
bird-lg http://lg.tetaneutral.net