Review my BGP configuration

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Mon Mar 25 14:35:39 CET 2013

Hi Hans

On Sat, 16 Mar 2013, Hans van Kranenburg wrote:

> > There's just one weird thing I'm seeing in the logs:
> >
> > configuration error: tried to export prefix w.z.y.x/32
> > configuration error: tried to export prefix 77.74.252.0/22
>
> Cool, I didn't use print statements yet myself, but this shows they're
> very useful for detection of spurious route announcements,
> misconfiguration etc. With custom messages this is easy to detect in the
> logs.

So, I scheduled a full restart of bird on both routers this weekend, and
this time the "configuration error" messages didn't show up. I guess
after a number of "configure soft" commands that I did until I finally
finished the configuration, my routing tables weren't in the state they
were supposed to be.

Anyway, a clean restart solved the issue :)

Thanks for all your help with this.

Best,
Andre