Review my BGP configuration

Hans van Kranenburg hans.van.kranenburg at mendix.com
Fri Mar 8 18:03:33 CET 2013

On 03/08/2013 01:41 PM, Andre Nathan wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Mar 2013, Hans van Kranenburg wrote:
>
>> Ok, well I think it's best then not to try fix quagga, but create a
>> temporary import filter that only allows what you want to accept.
>
> Oh, I see. When I migrate the other router to Bird, the /24 prefixes
> will be exported with the "reject" option and therefore not be added to
> the kernel routing table, so no filter will be needed then.

When converting the other router to bird, you can also configure it to
just use the /24 ranges in the context of talking to the ebgp peer, and
never let them come near the t_bgp or even master table, so you don't
need the additional filters to keep them out again.

Why would a route with target 'reject' not be added to the kernel table
if you export the route to it?

--
Hans van Kranenburg - System / Network Engineer
T +31 (0)10 2760434 | hans.van.kranenburg at mendix.com | www.mendix.com