Review my BGP configuration

Hans van Kranenburg hans.van.kranenburg at mendix.com
Fri Mar 8 12:07:25 CET 2013

On 03/07/2013 01:58 PM, Andre Nathan wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Mar 2013, Hans van Kranenburg wrote:
>
>> If there a specific need for advertising the routes you want to send to
>> your eBGP peer also via iBGP?
>
> There's no need to send them via iBGP, but since the iBGP session learns
> from the central BGP table (t_bgp), it ends up learning them.

And how do they end up in your t_bgp table? Via p_bgp_to_wzyx pipe, or
learned from quagga via iBGP?

> Is the best solution to create an import filter in the iBGP session,
> ignoring those prefixes? I was wondering about the behavior difference
> vs Quagga, where I don't have any iBGP filters but those routes are not
> learned in the iBGP session.

I don't know exactly about quagga, I do know I got very frustrated with
it and switched to bird. :)

> Could this be a consequence of using "gateway direct;" in the iBGP
> session?

I don't think so.

--
Hans van Kranenburg - System / Network Engineer
+31 (0)10 2760434 | hans.van.kranenburg at mendix.com | www.mendix.com