Review my BGP configuration

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Mon Mar 4 18:19:03 CET 2013

Hi Hans

On Sun, 03 Mar 2013, Hans van Kranenburg wrote:

> In this case, you can take advantage of the fact that you can create as
> many internal extra routing tables in bird for your own administration
> as you like, eliminating the 'bugging' extra filters you need when
> putting all in a single table. Using 'pipe' protocols you can
> import/export routes between the custom defined tables.

I'll have to study your suggested configuration and the pipe protocol
before trying to apply it in production, but it sure looks nice :)

Earlier today I had the following idea. Instead of specifying all static
routes in the same protocol, as I did before, couldn't I define two
instances and then filter based on the protocol name?

# Prefixes to be exported to BGP
procol static mynetworks {
  route a.b.c.0/24;
  route a.b.c.1/24;