RIPng advertisement hop count 1 (should be 255 per RFC)

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Tue Jun 18 13:41:54 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 05:41:10PM -0700, Simon Dickhoven wrote:
> OK. I looked at proto/rip/rip.c a bit more and figured that I might as
> well give it a shot and hack around a little bit. I ended up making this
> tiny mod:

Hello

Thanks for the bugreport and patch. As i understand RFC 2080, hop limit
255 should be used just for RIPng multicast messages. You could try the
attached patch, which will use hop limit 255 for multicast and hop limit
1 for unicast (although RFC 2080 is IMHO unclear about hop limit for
unicast).