Building in OpenFlow/SDN support

Sam Russell sam.h.russell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 04:51:50 CEST 2013

Hi,

I want a way to swap out the kernel/iface stuff from BIRD and replace that
with something that can talk to an OpenFlow/SDN controller. I've made a
start debugging to find out where I need to cut things into place and put
it in github (bird Git was broken yesterday so had to start from 1.3.10
tarball) https://github.com/samrussell/bird

Is anyone else keen for this? I've hooked the krt_notify,
krt_learn_announce_update and ifa_send_notify functions and these seem to
be the main things - would this be enough to make a start?

My ideal goal would be to separate all the kernel/interface code from the
engine and abstract it away in another protocol (or 2) so that different
kernels/controllers can be swapped out at config time or run time, not at
build time.

Keen for any feedback

Cheers
Sam