Not re-exporting learned OSPF routes

Ryan Whelan rcwhelan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 02:07:59 CEST 2013

I feel like this should be simple, but I can't find what I'm looking for...

I have a few of routers spread across the country in a full mesh running
OSPF.  'Servers' and 'clients' connect to these 'routers' to connect to one
another- each 'server' and 'client' run a basic bird instance they use to
share a local address (X.X.X.X/32).  The issue is some of the 'servers'
connect to multiple 'routers' so if a link between 2 routers is down, OSPF
tries to route though a server... ('servers' don't have ip forwarding on)

In short, how do I make sure the 'servers' can run bird to update OSPF with
their /32 address but not re-propagate routes they learn from OSPF (so as
to not be considered for route selection by the routers)?

Forgive me if this is basic question- it feels pretty basic.  Reading the
documents about filters, it looks like they apply purely to route
evaluation between bird and the kernel routing table, they aren't evaluated
when propagating routes to other OSPF neighbors.

Thanks!

ryan