Problem with bird 1.3.9 on mips/linux

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Jan 25 13:32:57 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:55:47AM +0100, Robert Hass wrote:
> >         http://marc.info/?l=bird-users&m=135876825203614&w=2
>
> Yeah It nearly the same issue. Thanks for pointing out.
> After adding multihop bird started to listen on port 179/TCP.
>
> But do I need really to configure multihop for iBGP session ?! (I'm
> from Juniper & Cisco house where for iBGP I just need IGP
> reach-ability, not multihop which is only for ebgp sessions).

Well, there is not much difference for singlehop and multihop iBGP,
essentially just TTL, waiting for interface/prefix to start and
immediate shutdown when interface/prefix disappears.

It is true that multihop default is probably more natural for iBGP,
but in BIRD, singlehop/multihop setting is independent of iBGP/eBGP.