Set Source

Sergey Popovich popovich_sergei at mail.ru
Fri Dec 6 11:34:44 CET 2013

В письме от 6 декабря 2013 02:28:32 пользователь Sargun Dhillon написал:
> So, from my understanding, routes in the Linux kernel have can have a
> source associated with them.This is RTA_SRC attribute in netlink ( I
> think ).

Maybe you mean RTA_PREFSRC attr? This is implemented and could be set/get
withing BIRD filters using krt_prefsrc attribute without any problem.

> We basically want to ensure that when our routers get routes, locally
> generated traffic comes from the loopback address.

Yes, setting krt_prefsrc whould help, but as for me there is no good reason
to do this on router, as you loose troubleshooting hint on where packets
failed to deliver (for example TTL exceeded in transmit) should be delivered:
you always get ansver from your router loopback.

--
SP5474-RIPE
Sergey Popovich