IPv6 and trigger

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Fri Aug 30 10:28:08 CEST 2013

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 02:09:29AM +0200, Miłosz Oller wrote:

> Hi
>
> When I have trigger in config file, routing doesn't work.
> But..
> on bond1: 2001:67c:2ad8:ffff::ffff/48 - prefix in bgp table
>
> name     proto    table    state  since       info
> dc       RAdv     master   up     01:38       Suppressed
>
> In configuration file: trigger 2001:67c:2ad8::/48;
>
> Why this configurtion doesn't work?

I am not sure if i understand your situation, but 'trigger' option does
probably something different than you think - it enables or disables
announcements based on a trigger route exported to radv protocol,
not based on a prefix assigned to a iface.

Note that you have to enable route export to radv by 'export all', like
with any other protocol, otherwise the prefix is blocked by the
export filter.