Does Bird accept configuration changes using the command line?

3.listas@adminlinux.com.br listas at adminlinux.com.br
Wed Nov 14 16:00:38 CET 2012

Thank you Ondrej!

In my case, I have two routers in a failover cluster managed by
Keepalived. And I need to change the metric of a route when a router
acquires resources. Currently in Quagga I configure keepalived to run a
script that changes the metric similar to this:

In keepalived.conf:
   # Do this when the router becomes (master | backup | fault)
   notify_master "/usr/local/sbin/keepalive_helper.sh UP"
   notify_backup "/usr/local/sbin/keepalive_helper.sh DOWN"
   notify_fault  "/usr/local/sbin/keepalive_helper.sh DOWN"

Script keepalive_helper.sh:
   #!/bin/bash
   if [ "$1" = "UP" ]; then
     METRIC="100"
   elif [ "$1" = "DOWN" ]; then
     METRIC="200"
   fi
   /usr/bin/vtysh -d bgpd               \
     -c "configure terminal"            \
     -c "route-map setmetric permit 10" \
     -c "set metric $METRIC"
   /usr/bin/vtysh -d bgpd               \
     -c "clear ip bgp * soft out"

How could I do this using the Bird? Any suggestions?

Thanks
--
Thiago Henrique
www.adminlinux.com.br