OSPF Fast Hello

Javier Lorenzo Prieto javier.lorenzo at me.com
Tue May 22 13:58:07 CEST 2012

Hello,

I tested in the lab with 2 links ethernet and the result is the same: if hello tiem is less than 3 do not set the adjacency.

With Quagga software or Cisco routers, is possible. Is it possible to achieve rapid recovery using Bird?

Thanks in advance for your help!

El 20 may 2012 a las 14:00, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh at hmh.eng.br> escribió:

On Sat, 19 May 2012, Javier Lorenzo Prieto wrote:
> We are using BIRD to configure load balancing and redundancy between two
> sites. These sites are interconnected via two short-range RF links (each
> with 15 Mpbs effective throughput and delay of 5ms). Because we intend to
> send VoIP over these links and would like to avoid dropping calls in the
> event of interruptions in one of the links. Therefore, dynamic routes need
> to be updated very quickly.

How does multicast/broadcast frames work on that RF link?

If it is a Wifi-like link (i.e. it uses a 802.11 MAC), you most likely have
to avoid anything non-unicast like the plague. Please try OSPF in NBMA mode.

Henrique Holschuh