adding bgpsec to bird

Matthias Waehlisch waehlisch at ieee.org
Tue Mar 20 22:15:52 CET 2012

Hi Ondrej,

On Tue, 20 Mar 2012, Ondrej Zajicek wrote:

> >   do you also intend to implement prefix origin validation according
> > to IETF/SIDR specs?
> >
> >   Maybe as a side note: We implemented the RTR protocol as a
> > lightweight and very efficient C library, which allows to exchange
> > validated ROAs between cache and router and to perform origin
> > validation.
>
> We have beta ROA checking in GIT code and will be a part of the next
> release, which will be in a few days. Currently, it is just a local
> part (ROA data structure and filters with possibility to statically
> configure ROAs or add/remove them dynamically using birdc),
> integration with RPKI / RTR exchange protocol is planned to be added
> later, i will probably embed or reuse your library.

  great! If you need any insights into to lib or if you have suggestions
for improvements, please let me know! We are defintely open for
collaboration.

> BTW, if i remember correctly, connection between router and RPKI cache
> is required to be SSH protected, how do you handle that in your
> library? Reuse external SSH tool, library or integrate all the
> cryptography?

  SSH is not mandatory. We support SSH based on the libssh.

Cheers
  matthias

--
Matthias Waehlisch
.  Freie Universitaet Berlin, Inst. fuer Informatik, AG CST