Protocol BGP with two tables

Jan Markus markus.jan at seznam.cz
Wed Jun 13 15:33:20 CEST 2012

On 06/13/2012 02:39 PM, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
> On 13.06.2012 16:29, Jan Markus wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> can I somehow say in "protocol bgp peer_xyz {}" to import routes to
>> table1 but export routes from table2 ?
>
> You can use 2 pipes here (or 1 pipe, if you don't have much filter configured in
> table1):
>
> create table table_xyz
>
> create pipe protocol exporting bgp routes from table_xyz to table1 and importing
> nothing.
> create pipe protocol exporting all routes from table 2 to table_xyz and
> importing noting.
> Connect peer_xyz to table table_xyz.

Thank you. This is a way to do it, but also a way I would like to avoid :)

I'll try to explain what I am after more thoroughly:

For each of my peers I would like to keep a table with all routes he is
announcing to me. Then I would import and filter these routes to the kernel. So
I can see what each peer is sending to me and whether my import filters are not
too restrictive. Like this:

peer_Q---protocol bgp import all---table_Q---protocol kernel filter Q---kernel

But I also need to export all routes I know of to this peer. If bgp protocol
will not let me work with more than one table, I will have to keep a copy of all
routes I know of for every peer. And these routes will be mixed up with the
routes announced from the peer in one table.

So the new question is: If I will import and filter routes from the peer
directly to the master table (in the "protocol bgp" clause), is there a way I
can see _all_ routes the peer is announcing to me?

Gibberish, is it not? :)