New release 1.3.6!

Stefan Jakob stefan.jakob at de-cix.net
Mon Jan 23 10:45:37 CET 2012

Hi,

Am 23.01.12 10:38, schrieb Mikhail A. Grishin:
> Hi,
>
> Ondrej Filip wrote, 23.01.2012 13:27:
>> On 23.1.2012 09:57, Giuseppe Ravasio wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I think that many of us are intrested in how much is serious this BGP
>>> issue...
>>> I need to upgrade bird as soon as possible or I need to update *now* ?
>>> :-)
>>
>> Giuseppe and Stefan,
>> The issue was reported by Mikhail on January 20. So check the issue,
>> Santiagu send a patch that is basically th eonly change in the new
>> release.

> I wrote that mail without bird-users list (because there was full
> configs). So probably Giuseppe and Stefan missed that mail thread.

I already wondered, since I only see three mails for the 20th of Jan,
missing yours.

>> New deterministic MED feature broke the best route selection mechanism
>> in BGP protocol. So your routing may become suboptimal or broken.
>>
>> So I recommend to upgrade no later than ASAP. :-)
>>
>>             Ondrej
>
> Another one answer: If you're using version below 1.3.5, and you don't
> have deterministic MED feature in source code, then you can wait.

Thx, so I can stop git bisecting ;-)

Rgds, Stefan

Stefan Jakob                         e-mail: stefan.jakob at de-cix.net
DE-CIX Management GmbH               Phone: +49 69 1730 902-32
Lindleystr. 12, 60314 Frankfurt      Mobile: +49 172 695 8467
Geschaeftsfuehrer Harald A. Summa    Fax: +49 69 4056 2716
Registergericht AG Koeln, HRB 51135  http://www.de-cix.net