weird routes apparing in linux cache route table

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Wed Dec 19 12:29:38 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 10:35:31PM +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> On Sunday 16 of December 2012, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Linux 3.0.18 (using multiple routing tables with priorities set via ip rule
> > but that's not relevant here I guess), bird 1.3.8 and weird problem.
>
> 3.6.10 kernel and the same problem exists.
>
> > I have simple bird configuration, only one bgp peer. I'm NOT
> > exporting received routes to kernel:
> >
> > protocol kernel {
> >         learn;
> >         export none;
> >         import all;
> >         scan time 15;
> > }
>
> I can remove whole protocol kernel section from config and the problem still
> happens.

I guess this is something unrelated to BIRD, perhaps even expected
behavior of the kernel - if there is a communication between IP_X and
router, router has route cache entry for IP_X.

Protocol bgp could trigger or allow such communitcation.

I don't have a clue how this could be related to protocol direct.