Consulting

Scott scttlists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 01:52:41 CET 2012

Hi List,

Seeing the message of Jeff yesterday and the fact I have been trying to get
bird to work for a few days now I am pretty sure I need help from soneone
setting up bird.

We are basically setting up anycast with a few servers at three locations.
The servers will need to speak OSPF to a Juniper router which then
redistributes the routes accordingly to the internet. We would like to use
bird(6) to do this for a few ips setup at the loopback interface (both IPv4
and IPv6).

I managed to get quagga ospfd working just fine, ospf6d not unfortunately.
Figured switching to bird would help but I can't get IPv4 ospf in bird
working either.
I read the manual of bird a few times, top to bottom, googled around but
didn't got it to work.

The servers are running CentOS 6.3, I have compiled bird & bird6 from
source.
What i need done is a full config for bird & bird6, I tried almost every
setting so I think it is best if someone just creates a config from scratch
for us. The setup is quite simple honestly, the routers are running ospf
and ospfv3. IPs are assigned to the interfaces and loopback. We don't need
ospf authentication but do need the bird config/process secured, logging to
syslog and just some prefix filtering on what goes out over OSPF.

I have no problem paying for it.
Hopefully somebody can help me out here.

Thanks a lot!

Scott