bird and OSPF on p2p

Eugene M. Zheganin emz at norma.perm.ru
Thu Aug 30 13:17:01 CEST 2012

Hi.

On 30.08.2012 17:09, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> It can be conditional on a configurable option, that should provide maximum
> forward compatibility.  I have no idea about Mikrotik, but we could work
> with quagga to get it fixed there as well...
That would be just great, as for now it's pretty obvious that quagga
development is stalling. I wish I could migrate to bird, but right now I
have no idea about how to do it with a bunch of running quaggas.
> What does Cisco and Juniper boxes do?

Cisco doesn't support /32 on ptp interfaces (at least on my
devices/IOSes), but it supports /31 and these ptp links are
interoperable with quaggas and with JunOS.
JunOS uses /32 on its p2p interfaces (at least all the examples are
abount /32). I could try to link bird with juniper via p2p and report
here abount what happens.

Eugene.