pptp + bird

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Aug 9 11:41:31 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 11:56:41PM +0200, Amadeus wrote:
>> if that client reconnects, 169.254.0.1 would become accessible and
>> route should reappear (with possibly different iface).
>
> Here comes the problem: bird is not adding any routes back, only if I
> restart it the static protocol sets all routes correctly again (to the
> new interface). I have log option 'all' but it is not saying anything
> helpful I guess - what do you suggest to debug this a little better?

Hello, i cannot reproduce that behavior, works for me.

You could check (and send me) this:

1) State of the iface (show interfaces), whether the problem does not
correct after the next iface scan (for more often iface scans put this:
"protocol device { scan time 10; }" to the config file.

2) What is a state of static protocol (show static) whether the route
is 'dormant' (as if the neighbor is not connected) or not.

3) 'debug protocols all' in config files and send me log region around
route removal (during disconnect) and around expected route adding
(during ppp reconnect).