pptp + bird

Amadeus amadeus at freehop.mooo.com
Wed Aug 8 23:56:41 CEST 2012

Hello and thank you for this.

> I don't have experience with PPP uplink servers, but i guess that
> when
> the connection disappears, IP is removed, and when the client
> reconnects, appropriate IP get assigned to that ppp iface.

That is correct, having nopersisent set on pppd even the whole
interface disappears (otherwise it will be just set to down).

> If client with 10.0.0.0/28 disconnects, 169.254.0.1 would
> be unaccessible and static protocol removes 10.0.0.0/28 (and
> 10.0.0.1/28),

Yes and yes, I can confirm that bird is removing routes.

> if that client reconnects, 169.254.0.1 would become accessible and
> route
> should reappear (with possibly different iface).

Here comes the problem: bird is not adding any routes back, only if I
restart it the static protocol sets all routes correctly again (to the
new interface). I have log option 'all' but it is not saying anything
helpful I guess - what do you suggest to debug this a little better?

# bird --version
BIRD version 1.3.8

Thanks,
Amadeus