iBGP

fredrik danerklint fredan-bird at fredan.se
Sat Oct 1 00:32:30 CEST 2011

Setup:

Transit <-> CR2 <-> ER2

Loopback addressess:
CR2 has the ip adress of xx.xx.xx.2/32.
ER2 has the ip adress of xx.xx.xx.4/32.

Network link:
CR2 has the ip address xx.xx.xx.201/30
ER2 has the ip address xx.xx.xx.202/30

All announced via ospf so ping and traceroute does work between each other.

bird> show route  for 77.73.232.6 all
77.73.232.0/21     via xx.xx.xx.201 on igb2 [b4_sekkaa_1_cr2 2011-09-30
22:18:34 from xx.xx.xx.2] * (100/6) [AS42678i]
        Type: BGP unicast univ
        BGP.origin: IGP
        BGP.as_path: 35706 8359 25513 42678
        BGP.next_hop: xx.xx.xx.2
        BGP.med: 0
        BGP.local_pref: 100

$netstat -rn | grep 77.73.232.0/21
77.73.232.0/21     xx.xx.xx.201      UG1         0        0   igb2

protocol bgp b4_sekkaa_1_cr2
{
    description "sekkaa-1-cr2";
    import filter {