BIRD <-> Quagga OSPF Compatibility

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Wed Nov 2 13:10:04 CET 2011

--On 2 November 2011 13:02:13 +0100 Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

> The patch is OK (as a workaround). Note that the problem is only
> related to 'unnumbered' ptp links, so the simplest workaround
> is just to assign (at least /30) regular IP prefix to that link.
> I am not strongly opposed to add such kind of broken-quagga-compat
> option, but not sure if it is worth if it is only related to
> such corner cases.

I am guessing this might be one of the issues affecting us (*). We
can't do numbering as we have large numbers of /32s as interface
routes. Numbering these would use either 2 or 4 times the address
space which is not acceptable.

(*) = yes I know I need to send some more debug data :-) Nearly
every 'bird ospf' problem seems to have quagga at the root of
it right now, though I do think /something/ is going wrong in
bird in redistribution of routes around protocol restarts.

--
Alex Bligh