Segmentation fault caused by malformed BGP packet

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Tue May 31 13:34:15 CEST 2011

Op 31-5-2011 2:00, Ondrej Zajicek schreef:
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 05:45:20PM +0200, Ivo Smits wrote:
>> Disabling this peer fixed the crashes, enabling the peer brought them
>> back. After some investigation, it turned out that this BGP peer sends
>> an ORIGIN attribute even with BGP packets that only withdraw a route;
>> bird does not do this. Changing the peer's sourcecode to not send the
>> ORIGIN attribute for withdrawn routes, fixed the crashes in bird.
> Thanks for the bugreport. Could you try the attached patch?
> (But this bug is even in 1.2.3, not sure why it didn't show before.)
Thanks for the quick fix. We have tested the patch and it appears to
work - bird no longer crashes.

The 'non-standard' BGP node has been peered with at least bird 1.2.3 and
1.2.5, without any problems.