ospf loading for ever...

Arkadiusz Miskiewicz arekm at maven.pl
Thu Mar 24 08:57:23 CET 2011

On Wednesday 23 of March 2011, Sebastian Nieszwiec [POLNET] wrote:
> W dniu 2011-03-23 19:58, Arkadiusz Miskiewicz pisze:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm playing with ospf on few Linux hosts pretending to be routers in
> > single LAN.
> >
> > Unfortunately one host has a problem. bird (1.2.5, git master) thinks
> > route(r)s are "unreachable" (as seen by show ospf state all). It never
> > gets into full state. All other routers have no such problem. There is
> > no firewall here.
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> I had similar problem but on bird 1.2.1. The problem was created by ip
> address that was bind to interface. I got two ip's on the interface and
> bird as a source used second IP.
>
> When I deleted second IP and restared bird everything works correctly.

Can't do that - these IPs are used and needed.

> Tou can always check it with tcpdump or wireshark on ospf lan.
>
> tcpdump -vv -nn -i <interface> host 224.0.0.5

I don't see bad IPs used, dump using
tcpdump -vv -nn -i eth0 ether host mac-addr and proto 89
at http://carme.pld-linux.org/~arekm/p/ospf.log.gz

Sometimes, rarely it seems to be working and kernel table gets all routes but
in most cases all routers are "unreachable" as seen by bird.

--
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz        PLD/Linux Team