bird ospf and ipv6

Mathias Wolkert tias at netnod.se
Tue Mar 22 15:13:06 CET 2011

Hi

I have similar issues running bird 1.2.5 on vanilla debian lenny.

IPv4 wise I assign /32s to individual lo:x instances as service addresses.

These are showing up in bird.

IPv6 wise I cannot assign /128s to individual lo:x but to the "real"
loopback lo.

This works fine in quagga.

These are not showing up in bird.

If I look at the kernel table from shell with ip -6 route, the /128s are
shown as "unreachable" with error -101 but working fine with ping and so on.

How would I do this "right"?
Assigning /128s to loopbacks is standard on ciscos and alike for setting
up iBGP peering and I believe most people will try to configure it like
that.

Any advice or help is much appreciated.

/Tias