ospf uses private ip as a gateway

Martin Kraus martin.kraus at wujiman.net
Sun Mar 20 03:56:02 CET 2011

Hi. I'm using bird 1.2.5 from debian squeeze respository.
I've got two routers with public a private ip addresses on the connecting
interfaces. The public addresses are selected as primary in device protocol but
ospf chooses private address as the address to route prefixes over. When I block
ospf packets from the private addresses it switches fine but when I allow ospf to
them it switches all the routes to the private gateways again.

Is there any way to force bird to use public addresses other then setting them as
primary in device protocol specification? I want to keep interface names in
interfaces definitions instead of ip addresses.

thanks for your help
mk