Patch to fix BGP ghost routes resulting from loops

Ivo Smits Ivo at UFO-Net.nl
Thu Mar 10 13:54:33 CET 2011

I've created attached patches to prevent BGP route loops from turning
into ghosts (issue reported earlier to the mailing list:
http://marc.info/?l=bird-users&m=129433651229774&w=2).

Instead of completely ignoring received BGP routes containing the
router's own AS number, it should now handle them as if the prefixes are
unreachable.

We have tested the patch against git and it fixed the issue there. I've
also made an (untested) patch against bird 1.2.5.

--
Ivo