BIRD routing daemon - exact session uptime

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Thu Jun 16 15:57:07 CEST 2011

on 16.06.2011 15:43 Marek Wajdzik wrote:
> add to /etc/bird.conf:
>
> timeformat protocol "%s";
>
> and execute: birdc configure soft
>
> Now timeformat will be more accurate :)

we find

### Configure logging and timeformat
timeformat base     iso long;
timeformat log      iso long;
timeformat protocol iso long;
timeformat route    iso long;

very useful ... ymmv, though!

> W dniu 2011-06-16 15:41, Martin Mares pisze:
>> Hello!
>>
>>> I'd like to ask you a quick question.
>>> I'm working on a BIRD looking glass script and what I need is an
>>> exact uptime of BGP session. "sh protocols all" doesn't seem to be
>>> particularly useful as it isn't accurate enough (e.g. session is up
>>> since 18May)
>>> Is there a simple way to get more accurate uptime of BGP session?
>> I do not work on BIRD too much these days, but others do. So I am
>> forwarding your query to the BIRD mailing list.
>>
>>                 Have a nice fortnight

Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299