Problem with clist

Ondrej Zajicek santiago at crfreenet.org
Thu Jun 16 14:11:30 CEST 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 04:09:13PM +0300, Mihai Claudiu Capatina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are trying to filter unwanted communities that our peering partners have forgot to remove in order not to send them to other peering parties.
> In order to do this we add the communities we want to a clist parameter, empty bgp_community, then add the clist back to bgp_community.

> The problem appears in the log fie :
>
> Jun 15 15:59:59 jls bird: filters, line 21: Can't add/delete to non-clist
> Jun 15 15:59:59 jls last message repeated 4 times
> Jun 15 15:59:59 jls bird: ...
>
> We are running BIRD 1.3.1 on FreeBSD 6.2.
>
> Can you please point me in the right direction ?

Which line in your config file is line 21?
I am not sure what is a default value of local variable myc,
perhaps you could init it using 'myc = - empty -;'
(undocumented syntax for empty clist).

One obvious problem is here:

allow_communities = check_allow_communities();

Because allow_communities has a type pair set, but
check_allow_communities returns clist)

I thing that problem is that bgp_community.add cannot add clist,
just a pair of pair set (but it is true that extending add operation
to handle clist is natural).

But even if bgp_community.add worked with clist, it probably wouldn't
do what you wanted.

The simplest way to remove unwanted communities is just:

bgp_community.remove( [set of unwanted communities] )'