Fwd: Re: ospf loading for ever...

Tapio Haapala tapio.haapala at f-solutions.fi
Wed Jun 22 18:56:40 CEST 2011

I resend this because I forgot complete subscription first. So if this
is duplicate message I am sorry.
But to the problem:

I have similar issue but I dont have multiple ip addresses or mtu problem.
Looks that on some cases another side router stuck to loading state and another side is on full state. On this point
I must restart this side what says that it is on full state.
So looks that some how that router what ways "loading" wait something from that router what says "full"
but because this "full" it does not send it any more... Or something :)
wierd thing is that even stop and start this router what is on loading state it not help.
I must stop and start this router what is on full state.
This was reason why I just upgrade my bird on routers to 1.3.1 but looks that it does not help for this problem.
This problem is random but when my network comes larger problems appears more often.
I have ~170 routes from ospf and I use hello 1 and dead 10.

ps. What bird does if loading routes takes more time than hello timer is?

--
Kaikki viestissä ilmoitetut summat ovat alvittomia, ellei toisin ole kyseisen summan yhteydessä ilmoitettu.

--
F-Solutions Oy

Tapio Haapala

PL 7, 90571 Oulu