Open socket on OSPF Stub interfaces

Alex Bligh alex at alex.org.uk
Tue Jul 5 15:47:10 CEST 2011

--On 5 July 2011 15:55:05 +0200 Ondrej Zajicek <santiago at crfreenet.org>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 02:30:04PM +0100, Alex Bligh wrote:
>> However, a normal "interface" route (i.e. an attached network)
>> would create a type 2 LSA in a stubby area.
>
> That is not true - type 2 LSA is created only for non-stub network, with
> at least two routers. Stub networks are just part of type 1 LSA. So you
> mean that exporting routes to OSPF would add some stub records to type 1
> LSA? That could be done, but it is not implemented (and it is not
> a trivial change).

Oops, yes, sorry, my OSPF is rusty. I want redistribute static to
(optionally) have the same effect as creating interfaces - i.e. type 1 LSAs.

Alternatively, allow inbound filtering of inter-area LSAs so I can just
take the default (that's less good because it will still get the LSAs, only
to discard them, but at least it won't have to process them).

--
Alex Bligh