Import/Export filter per peer...looking for suggestions

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Tue Jan 25 00:28:10 CET 2011

on 24.01.2011 21:49 Stephen Holmes wrote:

> I went with a per peer pipe solution with a per ASN table, rather
> than using the master table.  If asn A excludes out to B, do not
> build the pipe config for A->B, if A excludes in from B do not build
> pipe B->A.

Isn't that a very coarse approach? I can imagine situations where A only
wants to exclude some networks out to B. How do you manage that? Some of
us go with a community tagging approach which works quite nice if your
peer (and you) are old fashioned 16bit AS networks.

Best regards,
Arnold
--
Arnold Nipper / nIPper consulting, Sandhausen, Germany
email: arnold at nipper.de       phone: +49 6224 9259 299