Question about filters

Martin Barry marty at supine.com
Tue Jan 18 14:39:09 CET 2011

$quoted_author = "Marek Wajdzik" ;

> I have a small problem with the configuration shown in the diagram below
>
> BGP_Peer1 ---\
> BGP_Peer2 ----> --- My_BGP_Router ---- BGP_Peer5
> BGP_Peer3 ---/
> BGP_Peer4 --/
>
> From BGP_Peer4 I've getting a full routing table. Peers 1,2,3 are
> internet exchange points. How to write filter for BGP_Peer5 to export
> only routes wich I get from Peers 1,2,3 (only routes to ix points,
> without global internet connection).

Communities.

Check to see if the routes from the exchanges are already tagged with a
specific community. If not, add a community to routes received from that
exchange's peers or route server.

Then filter the routes you are sending to peer 5 to only those tagged with
the appropriate communities.

cheers
Marty