Handling MED value

Martin Mares mj at ucw.cz
Thu Dec 15 11:30:04 CET 2011

Hello!

> But it seems that your problem is not exactly with signedness, but with
> overflow (instead of saturation). Overflow works also the same for
> signed and unsigned ones.
>
> I thought about this some time ago and probably the best solution would
> be to switch BIRD completely to unsigned behavior (as most route properties
> with 32bit ranage are defined as unsigned) in some major release.

While I think that switching to unsigned is a good idea, I am not sure that
silent overflows make sense. Maybe we should log the overflows or use saturation
arithmetics instead.

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares                          <mj at ucw.cz>   http://mj.ucw.cz/
int*(*maso(int*(*p1)(void),int*(*p2)(void)))(void);  -- F. Zavoral